Monday 2 September 2013

Brighton part 3

Sorry for the delay, but here is now part 3!

When Jack and I stood on Brighton pier that day, we could see cliffs in the distance,
and decided to take a walk and get a closer look at them. And it actually took almost an hour to get there!
Although I'm quite sure it's because we walked half of the way there on the beach
before we decided to take the pavement instead.
The beach in Brighton is off small stones and not sand and isn't the easiest to walk on.
Oh well, we got there in the end and what a view! I had never seen cliffs before so I was really amazed
by it, and it was probably my favourite part of the day, haha!

On this one, we had finally reached the cliffs and we are walking on top of them.
On this one you can see a small town or village next to the cliffs.
Such a sweet little village with small lakes leading out to the sea. Lovely!
And it is probably not a small village after all, just looks like it from the view we had.
 Time to head down!
Lovely!
And here I am, sun shining in my eyes, but very happy.
Eventually we walked back.
Along the beach this time.

It was about 6 o'clock by the time we got back and then we just had a little walk around on the pier again, before we both felt a bit peckish. As we were in Brighton and by the sea Jack said we should have fish&chips. I'm not a big fan of battered fish, but thought I'd give it ago.
I ended up giving the fish (cod) (torsk) to Jack after a few bites. The chips were pretty good though.
We actually ate our tea under the pier!
There were lots of seagulls on the beach, and they were massive too
(are tourists feeding them or what?) and came rather close,
so underneath the pier seemed to be the safest place, haha!
After our meal we took another stroll around
before we head back home to Hertfordshire at about 9.

I really enjoyed Brighton and wouldnt have minded to actually stayed over night,
just so we would have had more time for walks around the town and seaside.
Oh well, it did feel like we got a good view of the town though, 
so maybe our next trip will have to be somewhere else!

 Anna

1 comment: